Monday, December 29, 2008

friendship poems

When I lost my mother there was no way on earth that I could have written a shopping list never mind poems for funeral tributes. Put your thoughts into some kind of free verse format, a column of lines, roughly the same length, which may rhyme but don't need to.

When a poet feels close to someone, a natural response is to write a poem. Just sit down and list all the reasons why you think they're special. I was looking for something classy and fitting for the best mother in the world, so I went for something by "Mary Elizabeth Fry" which was a very fitting funeral poem.

There's tons of love poems of all kinds online that seem to be written just for you and your occasion. But ensure it is not over whelming because it might upset the bereaving family. Regardless of how or who writes the poem, your best friend will truly appreciate the gesture of a poem given to them, telling them how important they are to your life.

I have always allowed myself to be led wherever my intuition leads me in the moment. Many love poems are short and simple, evoking vivid imagery and speaking to the details of a lover.

Simple Valentine Poems - preparing your writing

No comments: